By the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Interpret the Work Health and Safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
• Identify key parties, their legislative obligations and duties.
• Establish representation in the workplace.
• Participate in consultation and issue resolution.
• Represent members in WHS risk management processes undertaken by the PCBU.
• Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice and direct the cessation of work.
Other areas covered include: the costs of workplace injury, roles and powers of HSRs, effective health and safety committees, negotiation skills, risk management, hazard management, occupational overuse syndrome, psychological injury and mental health incidents, investigations & inspections.
Note: All HSRs have the legal entitlement to select which HSR training they will attend as long as the training provider is approved by the WHS regulator.
1 day - 5 March 2020
$440 per person